It blows it up
Human saliva is 99.5% water. The other 0.5% consists of electrolytes, mucus, glycoproteins, enzymes, and antibacterial, compounds.
Pork takes about 4½ to 5 hours digestion time
It starts in the mouth with chewing and mixing with enzymes in the saliva and goes on in the stomach where hydrochloric acid is added and through into the small intestine where muscular action constantly works on it as well some material is even taken up in the large intestine.
A Quote I thought may be of interest:
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory disease of the digestive tract. The disease causes ulcerations of the small and large intestine. The disease can affect the digestive system anywhere from the mouth to the anus, but distinctively affects the terminal ileum as well as demarcated areas of large bowel. Crohn's Disease Symptoms • Chronic diarrhea & disrupted digestion: It becomes difficult for the patients in the acute phase of the disease to eat and/or digest food.
• Painful and debilitating inflammation
• Fistulas of the colon
• Lipid absorption problems
• Anemia: Persistent rectal bleeding may lead to anemia.
• Bruising of the shins.
• Fever, pain and psychological damage in many cases
• Crohn's disease in children may cause delayed development and stunted growth.