About 50 million per ejaculation. From the moment of ejaculation it is a race by the sperm to get to the ovum. once a sperm has reached the ovum and made contact it will penetrate the outer membrane at which point the ovum is sealed against further penetration.
No. It's a little more complex than a simple "no." Sperm can live for about a week if they have the nourishment they find when they are inside a man or a woman. Air does not kill sperm, but without the moist, warm environment of the body, sperm usually die anywhere from 30 minutes to as much as four hours. Interestingly enough, they have recently shown that sperm that has been air dried and then rehydrated four weeks later could actually fertilize an egg. The bottom line is that if one is trying to prevent pregnancy and is participating in sexual activity that involves ejaculation outside of the body, good handwashing needs to be practiced. Hope this helps! Dr. B.
If you want to increase your butt muscle, without surgery, then you are going to have to do some work outs - squats, stepping, running, and of course the clench!!
When your hamster is warm its testicles will look bigger than usual. I usually find that when mine first wakes up his are HUGE and drag on the floor as he walks along, especially when the weather has been warmer. cos your a dirty bastard
The erection occurs 3 or more times during the night during REM (rapid eye movement) dreaming sleep. During this time there is more blood flow to urethra which causes the erection.
Here is A LOT of different answers i found in another question here.
- Most healthy men often wake up in the morning with an erection. "Morning wood" and "Morning Glory" are slang terms for this. Men have several erections a night as part of their sleep cycle. Many times they wake up and find they are still erect.
- A man's penis becomes erect in response to sexual arousal and excitement, but it can also become erect as a result of deep relaxation, such as that experienced in deep sleep called REM (rapid eye movement) -- a period of sleep during which you dream.
- An erection is caused by a rush of blood to the penis. A man's penis -- especially that of a young man -- can also become erect without any kind of arousing stimulation; this is known as "spontaneous erection."
- The male testosterone level is at its highest in the early morning during restful sleep, usually built up during the night and at its highest around 4-6 a.m. from my understanding.
- Many times it has to do with what you are dreaming about -- guys can be aroused in their sleep and have a nocturnal emission (wet dream). But most often it is because you have to urinate. Most guys wake up erect or semi-erect. It's normal.
- You do, also can get an erection by needing to pee. Cause' your bladder gets full and has to pee really bad, making it erect for some reason. (Forgot why it erects like that.) Anyways Hope this answer helps!
More answers down below
Morning erections are technically nighttime erections which happen during Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep (when most dreaming occurs), although men older than sixty years may have them during even non-REM sleep. Generally, we experience four intervals of REM sleep per night. These spontaneous woodies in the wee hours are caused by specific neuroreflexes (whatever the word is called.) that are stimulated during REM sleep.
An erection has been proven to greatly relieve the pain of needing to urinate badly. The reason is because when you get an erection, a valve stops the urine from entering the urethra so that only semen can pass through the urethra during ejaculation. So the next time you're in your car in a traffic jam and you REALLY need to go... just use your imagination. Ha ha It works every time. It is partially why you have morning erections since it helps prevent you from peeing on yourself! Ever notice how difficult it is to urinate with an erection? Ever peed on yourself in bed since you hit puberty?
TRIVIA NOTE: the proper term for this phenomenon is Nocturnal Penile Tumescence!
it might be due to the dream you have been having that was perhaps about your girlfriend with no clothes on.
An alternative reason
The reason a man gets an erection in the mornings is one way to see if he is sterile, I went to the doctors with my wife to find out and that was one of the questions on the form I was given and they told me that it is a 98% chance that I am not sterile. and I thank god for that, but it is also a build up of testosterone in the male, more than likely though you will not have it if you have had a vasectomies.