about 12.5 percent of an iceberg is above the water. That leaves the other 87.5 percent hidden from view.
A movement of fresh water, usually in a lake, that resembles somewhat, a tidal movement in salt water. This is a rare happening, and does not last long. It is usually associated with strong winds.
Defying the Laws of GravitySome Things Are Best To Not Ask, This Is One Of Them. YOU DON`T
Answeryou can by making Yorkshire puddings when they are ready to cook you tip up the bowl and it wont fall out ask your physics teacher.....
every particle in the universe attracts every other particle with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them (wikipedia)
According to the laws of gravity, every object in the universe is attracted to every other object in the universe. And has a form of gravity acting on them. I suppose the only way for gravity to be defied is to have the entire universe collapse on itself.
Even airplanes and space shuttles have gravity acting on them.
AnswerAlthough this seems like a stupid question, the truth is everyone has 'defied' gravity at some point, even if for a very short time, by jumping or hopping or the like. However, gravity soon gets the better of you.
Because there are less molecules present in gases than, say, a solid. Sound travels through molecules, so if there are more molecules the sound will travel faster. For example, think of a bumpy country road and a smooth tarmac road. You'll travel faster along the tarmac right? This is because there's less bumps and gaps. The same idea works with sound. Less bumps = Smoother transition and therefore higher speed!
A red filter will absorb all but the red wavelength of light. A blue filter absorbs all but blue light. So the blue filter will absorb the red wavelength and no light will shine through.